This is one of those surreal moments wherein the Facebook ref a friend sent about a hard-rocking indie band out of Northern Ireland trying to raise money for a new MRI scanner on behalf of a toddler with a rare debilitating illness turns out to be one of the groups I had on my list of Must Listens for 2012.
The toddler is named Blaze. He’s four-years-old and, according to his folks, he’s one helluva fighter for a ‘wee man.’ You should learn more about Blaze on the website his parents created called Blaze’s Appeal http://www.blazesappeal.co.uk
The band is called Nine Lies. The song is ‘Nothing Left For Me‘
Nine Lies rocks! They are most excellent. And they are on a serious roll.
• The Song “Blind” licensed to Warner TV
• The Song “Behind It All” licensed as the theme tune to TV programme ‘Our Prisoner’ in the USA.
• The Song “We R1” licensed to Techno Sweat
• The Licensing of several tracks to PC Games Development and Publishing for “Trucker 2″
• The song “Slippin Away” selected by ASCAP for excellence in song writing award at Music Expo in L.A.
• Legendary Producer Stuart Epps working with Nine Lies on the “Someone” EP
• Nine Lies were invited to play at Times Square, NYC for St Patricks Day 2011
• Being the Headline Act on the Unsigned Stage at Lark in the Park 2011
• Being invited back to play FMI Music Festival, Brazil 2011
Stevie Mann – Music Production, Lyricist, Lead singer
Dave Kernohan – Guitarist, back vocals
Nick Black – Guitarist, arrangments
Stoogie – Drums
John Rossi – Bass Guitarist, Backing Vocals (formerly of Snow Patrol)
Other than heart & soul, I don’t know what the connection is – if any – between Blaze and Nine Lies. Good on the band for stepping up.
You can follow Nine Lies online at http://www.ninelies.net
Vid for Blaze’s Appeal
Vid for Nothing Left For Me