Eastern England | Four children treated for carbon monoxide inhalation aboard school bus in Norfolk

Chalk Lane, Beachamwell | 20 Feb 2012

Four children were treated for carbon monoxide inhalation after fumes were detected on a Norfolk school bus this morning.

Two of those youngsters were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for further assessment and treatment.

East of England Ambulance Service crews were called to Chalk Lane, Beachamwell at 8.45am.

Crews in two rapid response vehicles and two ambulances assessed the casualties on scene before taking two of them to hospital. They were fully alert but having breathing difficulties.

The rest of the children continued their journey to school.

Leave a Reply